Bacon Pasta Carbonara Pasta is an easy recipe to put together with few ingredients. Bacon, lunguini, eggs and onions make this a simple dinner. This recipe is as easy as making the pasta and bacon and tossing it together with rich egg yolks and a bit of reserved pasta water to make the creamiest easiest sauce ever. It’s like stepping into Rome, Italy with the benefit of it taking as long as a normal weeknight dinner. Pasta water is saved for this dish because the extra starch in the water from the cooking process helps to create a creamier sauce. This makes it easy to create a thick, rich sauce without waiting for anything to cook down or without adding a lot of cream or excess cheese. See… and you thought we were idiots over here. SCIENCE!
- 2 large EGGS
- 2 large EGG YOLKS
- 1 lb. linguine
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese, plus extra for serving
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, Fry bacon in large skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. TRANSFER bacon with slotted spoon to a paper towel-covered plate; DRAIN all but 1 Tbsp. of the drippings. ADD shallot to skillet and COOK, stirring until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, Pecorino, salt and pepper in medium bowl; SET aside.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. ADD pasta, bacon and oil to skillet mixture; TOSS to coat.
- Remove pan from heat. ADD egg mixture, tossing constantly. Gradually ADD enough of reserved cooking liquid, tossing until sauce is creamy.
- Sprinkle with parsley and extra Pecorino cheese if desired. SERVE at once.
Like this Bacon Pasta Carbonara Pasta recipe? Check out some more pasta recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!