Mediterranean Pasta with Artichokes, Olives, and Tomatoes is a great vegetarian dinner dish that is fast with few ingredients. Vibrant, bold flavors await in this healthier pasta dish inspired by the unmistakable tastes of the Mediterranean. This pasta is a favorite of ours over here at Tasty Bastard and perfect for a big crowd or your family on those busy nights. We especially love the saltiness of the artichokes and kalamata olives mixed with the sweet, earthy sauce that is created by the Olive Oil and wine. Make sure you have some crusty bread on hand to soak up all of that delicious sauce. You can also add some feta to really do that Greek thing.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced, lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more serving
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Optional lemon juice or feta
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water (this will be used for the sauce). You can return the pasta to the pot.
- At the same time, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, cook, stirring occasionally until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add a couple dashes of lemon juice.
- Stir in artichokes and cook until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add olives and half of the tomatoes; cook until tomatoes start to break down, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet. Stir in remaining tomatoes, oil, cheese, and basil.
- Thin with reserved pasta water if necessary to coat the spaghetti.
- Serve with additional cheese.
Like this Mediterranean Pasta recipe? Check out some more pasta recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!