Looking for a badass Mac-N-Cheese recipe? You have found the right place. But first, let me tell you about the history of cheese, how to make cheese directly from milk and when the modern cheese making process started… Just kinding, we are not one of those stupid ass blogs that talk for no reason. Enjoy the Mac-N-Cheese recipe right below.
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups half & half
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 16 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian panko bread crumbs
- Bring some water to a boil, over high heat.
- Add in the 3 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni pasta, and cook until it’s nice and firm, but not overly cooked.
- Toss 4 tbsp of salted butter into a large sauce pan, and melt over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in 3 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Whisk the flour with the butter, and make sure that there aren’t any lumps.
- Pour the half & half into the sauce pan, and whisk until smooth.
- Let the flour, butter, and half & half mixture cook until it starts to thicken, then reduce the heat to low medium.
- Add in 8 oz of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and mix until well incorporated.
- Sprinkle the seasoning salt & black pepper in the cheese sauce, and stir.
- Place the cooked & drained elbow macaroni pasta into a large bowl, then add in the cheese sauce.
- Fold the macaroni and cheese sauce until everything is well incorporated.
- Grab a 9×13 bake dish, and butter or lightly oil it.
- Combine the remaining shredded sharp cheddar cheese with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add a layer of the macaroni and cheese at the bottom of the bake dish, then top with a heavy layer of cheese. Repeat
- Melt two tbsp of salted butter, and combine it with the Italian panko bread crumbs.
- Top the creamy macaroni and cheese casserole with the buttery panko bread crumbs.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered, on 350 F for about 25-30 minutes.
- Realize that, holy shit, there are 17 steps in this.