Honey Teriyaki Cauliflower Bites make for a great little side dish for any meat dish. You can even just serve these over rice and maybe an egg roll or pot sticker. Make sure to have another flavor on the table to break things up.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp skim milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps flour
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- a few pinches of salt & pepper
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- olive oil spray to coat
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Coat a large-rimmed baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding of the stems.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the eggs, skim milk, and flour, whisking until smooth. In another mixing bowl combine the panko crumbs, garlic powder, and salt & pepper, tossing well until mixed.
- One floret at a time, dredge in the batter mixture, then coat with panko crumbs before transferring to the greased baking sheet. Repeat until all florets are coated.
- Spray the top and sides of each floret with olive oil spray, then bake on oven middle rack for 30 – 35 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Mid-way through cooking, coat each floret again with olive oil spray.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk the teriyaki sauce and honey until combined. Transfer half to a small serving bowl.
- Once the cauliflower bites are crisp, one at a time dredge each in the sauce still in the mixing bowl, then return to the baking sheet. Repeat until all bites are covered in sauce.
- Return to oven and bake for another 5 – 10 minutes until crisp
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired and pair with the remaining sauce for dipping.
Like this Honey Teriyaki Cauliflower Bites recipe? Check out some more side dish recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!