This Parmesan Spinach Mushroom Pasta recipe is the perfect simple week night dinner that uses a few ingredients and it is usually the stuff you already have around the house.
- 14 oz (400g) farfalle pasta (or whatever type you like)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz (400 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz (300g) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
- To make the parmesan spinach mushroom pasta skillet: Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds longer.
- Then deglaze with a bit of vegetable broth. Reduce the heat and cook for about 1-2 minutes longer. Remove mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta is ready, pour off the cooking water. Push spinach on the side in the skillet and add mushroom back, then put drained pasta in the pan and toss to combine.
- Add parmesan and Italian seasoning and give a quick stir.
- Serve with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes
Like this Parmesan Spinach Mushroom Pasta recipe? Check out some more pasta recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!