This Lemon Chicken dish is bright and flavorful. It is simple but very healthy for you, which is nice and a good break from stuffing your face with pizza and burgers. We served with rice and a veggie, roasted cabbage or broccoli is great. After eating this you can feel good about yourself and take down multiple deserts. So that is a bonus. Enjoy this bright bastard!
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts (roughly 2.5 lbs)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Salt, divided
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 2 tbsp Minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Lemon, cut into 6 slices, optional
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to create a thick marinade/paste. Coat the chicken breast with seasoning paste.
- Using the same bowl mix together the white wine, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour over chicken breast.
- Put the lemon slices between the chicken bake for 15 minutes, baste the chicken with the pan juice, bake for another 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165 F.
Like this Lemon Chicken recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose