I’ll give you this… spaghetti squash pasta is a little weird. We have all been born and raised to love the original boxed (or homemade) Italian style pasta. But it is a brave new world and those looking to be a little healthier and look a little better in a swimsuit have found other options that still taste pretty damn good. Enter this 3 ingredient recipe for pesto chicken spaghetti squash pasta. Most likely your closed minded grandparents, parents or grumpy old friend will reject this from the beginning. But you know what? Screw them. This recipe is very tasty and healthy. Live your best life, it isn’t all about processed nuggets and booze. You can also add some of your favorite ingredients as well.
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 jar of pesto
- 1/2 pound chicken, grilled or baked
- Salt, Pepper and olive oil
- (optional) Shredded parmesan cheese
Optional spaghetti squash pasta ingredients
- Red Pepper
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, etc…)
- Could also kick things up a bit with red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet.
- Spread oil, salt and pepper on squash.
- Place squash skin side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool for 10 minutes. Once squash is cool enough to handle, scrape flesh into string-like strands with a fork.
- While the spaghetti squash pasta is cooking, cook chicken.
- Add pesto and chicken to pasta
- Eat and then devour a big dessert because you deserve it. As a matter of fact, make it something chocolate, that has chocolate chips and maybe even some chocolate frosting. A cake… that is what I am talking about. eat a cake by yourself.
Like this Pesto Chicken Spaghetti Squash Pasta recipe? Check out some more vegetarian recipes HERE.
You Made it to the end! Your reward is a link to awesome T-Shirts. HERE!