Zucchini Mushroom Chicken Stir Fry is not exactly a rip off from Panda Express, but there is a lot of similarities with this dish and one you can get there. However, the differences are that these are fresh veggies that are not slimy and you can alter some of the ingredients to your liking and taste buds. Overall, this is a simple stir fry of chicken bites prepared with mushrooms and zucchini coated with the a savory stir fry sauce. Pretty simeple and not much prep involved.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh minced ginger OR 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-INCH thick half moons
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook rice
- Heat up a pan to medium, add some oil and cook chicken pieces. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and add garlic and ginger to the skillet; cook and stir for 20 seconds, or just until fragrant.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and stir in the mushrooms and zucchini; cook for 4 minutes, or until fork tender and browned. Stir frequently.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar.
- Stir chicken back into the cooked veggies.
- Add in the sauce and stir to coat chicken and veggies. Cook for 1 minute until sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve on top of rice. Maybe put an egg roll up on that plate.
Like this Zucchini Mushroom Chicken Stir Fry recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!