Banh Mi Chicken Street Tacos are the soul of the outside world and if done right, can make you a better person and parent. They are that good. Your kids will thank you because for one, they will eat and enjoy these. And number two, they will make you a better and more understanding person. Positivity will illuminate out of your butt and kindness will ooze out of your earholes. Welcome to your new life! Enjoy these life changing bastards!
For the Banh Mi Chicken
- 1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onion (or finely diced)
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 TBSP honey
- 1/2 TBSP black pepper
- 1/2 TBSP ground ginger (fresh is fine too)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
For the Spicy Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha or hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For the Street Tacos
- 1 packages flour tortillas – taco size
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 English cucumber sliced thin
- 1 bunch radishes sliced thin
- 4 jalapenos sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 limes cut into wedges
You can also add whatever else you might like on top of the tacos. Fresh veggie are always welcome.
For the Banh Mi Chicken:
- Cut the chicken nto very small (1/-inch) pieces. Place in a bowl.
- Make the marinade by adding all those ingredients into a bowl and microwaving it for maybe 20 seconds (dissolve sugar)
- Stir chicken and marinade together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (3 hours is best)
For the Sauce:
- Stir 4 ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prep all the veggies.
- Once the chicken has marinated, drain off the marinade. Then heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet.
- Add the chicken to the skillet. Sear for 4-5 minutes, stirring to caramelize on all sides.
- Place a scoop of chicken in flour tortillas.
- Top with shredded carrots, cucumber slices, radishes, fresh cilantro leaves and jalapeno slices. Drizzle with sauce and serve with fresh lime wedges.
Like this Banh Mi Chicken Street Tacos recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose