Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta is something that only the “in” crowd knows about. You have to be cool and hip and eat out at fancy restaurants that deconstruct dishes into unrecognizable platters of taste. You must be a wine connoisseur and know the difference between a 2011 and 2012 Cabernet from California. You must be able to smell the fart of an executive chef at a 5 star place and be able to tell what they are cooking for dinner. Yeah, just kidding. Basically you take a normal well known dish and do it a little bit differently. Instead of stuffing a big chicken breast with goodies, you shred everything and throw it on pasta. Pretty simple and tastes great. This is a good dish to take over to another couple house to impress them enough to get an invitation back. Maybe serve with bread, maybe make a salad… but all you really need is this Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta recipe and you will be ready for a dynamite dinner.
- 10-12 oz. penne or ziti pasta
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- ½ tsp. onion powder, more or less to taste
- ½ tsp. garlic salt, more or less to taste
- 1½ cup shredded swiss cheese, separated
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
- ¾ cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¾ cup diced ham
- bread crumbs
- First this to do is to cook pasta according to its package’s directions. Pretty hard to mess up. Drain it, add a little olive oil and stir in around so the pasta noodles don’t stick together or the pot. That is a first class chef move at its finest.
- Heat the cream cheese on stove over medium low heat until melted. Stir in heavy cream until completely combined.
- Add onion powder and garlic salt.
- Stir 1 cup of cheese until smooth.
- Add noodles, bacon, chicken and ham into the pot and stir everything together.
- Put everything in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with ½ cup cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Like this Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!