Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice is a simple lunch that can be an open pallet if you want to add other ingredients. Frankly, if we would have had mushrooms on hand, we would have added them to this… But some asshole forget to get them at the store so here we are… mushroomless. Either way, it does take a little time to cook up everything so be prepared to spend a little time on this lunch. And the oven will cook the chicken just fine, but we like a little more crisp so finished it in a pan. Do what you need to do to get the results you want. The sauce though is the BOMB!
- Chicken breast (as many as you need to feed everyone)
- Flour, eggs and panko bread crumbs for chicken coating
- 1/2 red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Optional: mushrooms
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Asian spice or ginger
- Preheat oven to 400
- Chop cabbage and put on half a pan. sprinkle with salt, pepper and a little olive oil
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Dredge the chicken in flour, then eggs and finally panko bread crumbs
- Put chicken on the other side of the pan and bake for 30 minutes. Make sure to watch the cabbage so it doesn’t burn. You might have to take it out before the chicken depending on how you like it cooked.
- While that is cooking, cook your rice and make the sauce by adding all ingredients and mix. If you like a lot of sauce, double the recipe
- Once everything is done, put everything in a bowl and top with sauce. Pretty simple stuff.
Like this Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!