Baked Chicken Parmesan is a little bit healthier than fried in oil but you definitely don’t lose any GDF (God Damned Flavor). How can you go wrong with a crispy piece of chicken, covered in marinara and moz cheese on top of pasta? You can’t, that is the right answer. Maybe it is not traditional, but we never claimed to be from Italy with a Sicilian grandma teaching us family recipes. Just some people who like good food and don’t want it to take forever. So enjoy this classic Italian bastard!
- 4 chicken breasts, about 8 oz each, sliced in half lengthwise to make 8. Or keep them thick like your women.
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs. We used a mixture of panko and regular bread crumbs but you can use what you have on hand.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, can use low fat if you want
- 1 cup marinara
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Your choice of pasta
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip the chicken in the butter (get both sides), then dip into breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. it will need to be a litle longer if you have thick breasts (ba-zing!)
- Cook pasta if you are having some.
- Remove from oven, spoon marinara sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with shredded mozzarella cheese. The amount is up to you but I would not go overboard.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Put on more parm because parm is awesome.
- Serve over your choice of pasta if you want.
Like this Chicken Parmesan recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose