The flavors of a chicken Caesar salad are wrapped up in a flaky crescent crust. This recipe originally came from the Brown Hotel in Louisville, KY. I have altered it based on how I have had it served in restaurants in Louisville. This is a good way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and my husband looks forward to it every year.
- 2 cups cubed (1/8 to 1/4 inch) cooked chicken breast or 1 can (12.5 oz) chunk chicken breast in water, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend (2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon flavor bits
- 2 tablespoons regular or reduced-fat Caesar dressing
- 1 tablespoon regular or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated regular or reduced fat crescent dinner rolls OR 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
Garnish, if desired
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix filling ingredients until well blended.
2 If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; press each into 6×4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; press each into 6×4-inch rectangle.
3 Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each dough rectangle. With knife, cut each corner of each rectangle from edge to within 1/2 inch of filling. Bring the 8 points of each rectangle up over filling; firmly pinch to seal, forming a square.
4 Bake 16 to 21 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Garnish each with 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing and 1/4 cup shredded lettuce.