This sweet breakfast treat will be a hit for kids and grown-ups alike. Serve with a fruit cup to round out the meal.
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 (1 1/2-ounce) slices whole-grain bread
- 4 1/2 tablespoons hazelnut-chocolate spread (such as Nutella)
- 1 cup thinly sliced banana (about 8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Spread each of 3 bread slices with 1 1/2 tablespoons hazelnut-chocolate spread; arrange 1/3 cup banana slices over each bread slice. Top sandwiches with remaining 3 bread slices.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working with 1 sandwich at a time, place into milk mixture, turning gently to coat both sides. Carefully place coated sandwiches into pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar.