So you are looking for something to spice up your burgers? Maybe bring a little extra something to your pulled pork extravaganza? Well check out this Amish slaw recipe. What really makes this Carolina vinegar based slaw over the top is how simple it is and how much it can enhance a lot of different dishes… specifically meat dishes. Beef and pork normally look like just your normal club girls, dancing and having a good time. But adding on this slaw will make them the hottest club girl in the place. Jaws are dropped and others can’t stop starin’. Make sure to make it a little bit before you need it… specifically a day would be awesome. That lets the deliciousness sink in.
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cabbage, onion, and 1 cup sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, salt, celery seed, 1 teaspoon white sugar, mustard and oil.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cool completely, then pour over cabbage mixture, and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
- Amish slaw goes great on sandwiches, burgers, and anything else your ass can think of.
Like this Amish Slaw recipe? Check out some more side dish recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!