Nothing says “show off” like Roasted Cauliflower with Red Chile, Cilantro & Lime. They will praise your dinner and think “where did this bastard come up with this?”
- 1 large head Cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Red New Mexico Chile Powder (substitute Ancho Chile Powder if you don’t have Red New Mexico)
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried Red Chile
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds toasted and ground
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Separate the florets from the Cauliflower. Put them in a bowl with the garlic, chile powder, crushed chile, cumin, salt & olive oil and toss gently to mix together and coat well.
- Spread the seasoned Cauliflower in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Dress with lime juice
- Finish with chopped cilantro
(You can also add broccoli and onions for a new take)