Just like the salmon sauce your friendly neighborhood grill serves, that will make your taste buds stand up and say “did we just have sex?” Then your tongue will say “yep.” man that got weird quick.
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets (skin removed)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then lower heat to simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until syrupy. Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn’t bubble over.
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat, or turn on broiler. Rub each salmon filet with olive oil, then lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Grill(or broil) the salmon for 4-7 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side. Enjoy!