This Harvest Bowl is pretty damn good. Add on to that is is healthy and you have a 100% winner of a dinner. You can call this a salad or a bowl but make sure you serve the hot ingredients once they are finished cooking and still hot. It takes the dish up a notch or two when paired with the cold apples and kale. If there is one you don’t like then leave it off. You are an adult and can make your own decisions about life and food (except those ones you have repressed from college). But I would suggest giving this full bowl a chance. It is very tasty and might make you feel better the next day.
The amount of ingredients needed will depend on how many bowls you are going to make. The following is for 2 large bowls.
For The Harvest Bowl
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Sweet Potatoes (large)
- 1 Apple
- Goat Cheese (however much you want to use)
- 1 Bag Walnuts or pecans
- Wild rice (1 box)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper finely ground
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cube up the sweet potato, add salt and pepper and roast at 350 for 25 minutes
- Cook wild rice, it will take 25-30 minutes so maybe start that first
- Cook chicken and set aside
- Cube up the apple and chop the kale
- Roast the walnuts in a toaster oven on in a pan
- Make balsamic vinaigrette by mixing together all the ingredients
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl and top with vinaigrette
Like this Harvest Bowl recipe? Check out some more vegetarian recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!