This easy Stromboli recipe is basically rolled up pizza. The classic ingredients include mozzarella, ham, and salami. It’s so good dipped in marinara or maybe even with some grainy mustard! A perfect quick dinner (that kids love) or appetizer for football. You can pretty much put anything you want in your Stromboli. The basics are starting with either a pizza dough or a bread dough and you stuff it with cheese, pizza sauce and cold cut meats. We like to mix it up and do different variations of our strombolis making them chicken, supreme, Philly cheesesteak and so many others. Is it a calzone? Maybe, but I guess that is a pizza folded in half and this isn’t. Whatever.
- 1 frozen bread loaf (thawed and rising). Can probably also use a premade pizza dough.
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 6 slices hard salami
- 4 slices deli honey ham
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- Garlic salt, oregano and basil
- Optional ingredients include marinara (for dipping), peppers, mushrooms, Italian sausage, etc…
- Make sure to set out frozen loaf of bread dough about 6-8 hours before cooking. Spray a pan down, cover in cling wrap and put a towel over it. Dough will rise and be ready to roll.
- When ready to start cooking, preheat oven to 350 (or whatever your bread directions are)
- With the dough on pan, flatten it out.
- Add provolone, salami, Swiss and ham.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano and garlic salt.
- Cut outsides of bread loaf in strips. Fold over the center covering the meat and cheese. Make sure to connect with the other side very well because it can come apart. ***see pics below for proof.
- Melt butter and brush on top. Drink any leftover if you are a badass.
- Sprinkle with seasonings again on top of your creation.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or according to bread directions. Here is ours:
- Remove and slice as you wish. Can serve with marinara grainy mustard.
Like this Stromboli recipe? Check out some more awesome recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!