Chicken In White Wine Sauce is a straightforward recipe to make on a weeknight however adequate for a great date night impression! Prepared in 30 minutes, you can have your date complimenting you all night about how you are a great chef and are 10 times cooler than what they originally thought. This can be served over pasta, with wild rice or with mashed or roasted potatoes. For a vegetable, you can steam some broccolini, carrots, and even serve sweet corn with it. Anytime you can incorporate a simple salad, you will be complete and satisfied with a well rounded meal. Professional cooks reduce some mushrooms in red wine and add to the sauce. But that little tip is up to you.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Cut up that chicken and remove all the gross parts. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and garlic powder, then dredge them in flour so that they’re properly coated.
- Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high warmth. As soon as the pan is sizzling, add the chicken and cook dinner for 4-5 minutes/aspect till golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and put aside (the bird doesn’t have to be totally cooked)
- Add the wine and chicken broth to the pan and let it bubble for a few minute. Stir to scrape up any bits from the underside of the pan.
- Add the remaining butter and the Italian seasoning to the pan, and proceed simmering for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and chicken into the pan. Cut back the warmth to medium and cook dinner for an additional 5 minutes or till the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened up a bit.
- Season with additional salt & pepper if wanted.
Like this Chicken In White Wine Sauce recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!