Well these little bastards will tingle your insides.
- 6 large sweet Italian peppers
- 2 1/2 cups lasagna cheese mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely minced basil
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the peppers. Cut off the tops. Slice in half and remove the seeds. Arrange the peppers on an oiled baking dish.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter and saute the garlic for about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and saute until cooked.
- Add the cheese mixture and basil to the mushrooms mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Check for salt and pepper. Make the necessary adjustments. Divide the filling evenly among the 12 pepper halves.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until the cheese begins to get bubbly and the pepper sides begin to soften, about 25 minutes.
Serve your roasted peppers with brown rice pilaf, warmed up from a previous meal, and sliced garden tomatoes and you will have a gourmet meal with only a few moments of preparation.