A tasty little dinner and you can use many different types of beef.
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold or new potatoes, halved and/or quartered
- 4 4 ounces beef steaks, 1/2 inch thick (flat iron, strip, sirloin, or ribeye)
- Ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1. Cook potatoes, covered with vented plastic wrap, in a microwave-safe bowl for 5 minutes, stirring once.
2. Meanwhile, season steaks with salt and pepper. Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add steaks; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; cover to keep warm. For sauce, in the same 12-inch skillet cook tomatoes and garlic in 1 teaspoon of the oil until softened. Stir in olives and oregano; cook for 3 minutes more.
3. In a separate nonstick skillet cook potatoes in 2 teaspoons hot oil over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve steaks and potatoes with sauce.