A Chili Cheese Frito Burrito is what the Gods eat on a regular basis. And Zeus himself would come back for seconds when it comes to this dynamite dish. We don’t want to over emphasize the magnitude of this recipe, but it is like a lightening bolt would hit the tip of your tongue… in a good way.
This is not just your normal burrito… you add crunchy corn chips to this badboy and it make all the difference in the world. All other burritos will be subpar after you tangle yourself up with this southwestern treat.
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pounds shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounce size) tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onions
- 1 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices (finely chopped)
- 1 Bag of Frito’s
- 1/4 cup diced onions
1. First brown the beef in a pan, finely breaking up the meat with a fork. Drain fat.
2. At the same time, in another pan, combine the tomato paste with the water over medium heat. Stir until smooth. Add the cayenne pepper; chili powder, salt cornstarch, vinegar, dried onion, jalapenos and stir. Heat the mixture to boiling. Continue to stir about 3 minutes and remove from heat.
3. Add half of the refried beans to the beef and mix together.
4. Slowly add 2 cups of the tomato sauce mixture to the meat. Add half of the cheese, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.Let simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Spoon 3/4 cup of the chili into each tortilla and add a drizzle of the tomato sauce on each one. Add a handful of cheese, onions, and then fritos. Wrap that bastard up and consume with a large cerveza.
Like this Chili Cheese Frito Burrito recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!