Slow Cooker Orange Shredded Beef is easy and very good. Will you feel like you time traveled to Japan for this dish. Shit no. But it is worth a try anyways.
- 2.5 pound boneless beef chuck shoulder roast
- The juice from one navel orange (about 1/4 cup), pulp removed
- The zest from one orange (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger root, peeled and grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- In a bowl, create the badass sauce: Add orange juice, orange zest, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Place beef roast in your slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over beef roast and cover. Cook on “low” setting for 8-12 hours, or until meat easily pulls apart with a fork.
- Shred beef with a fork and return to slow cooker to mix with sauce.
Add all ingredients to a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Cook on “low” setting for 8-12 hours, or until meat easily pulls apart with a fork. Shred meat, mix with remaining sauce in slow cooker, and serve!
Here’s how to grow oranges in your backyard