Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is one of those old school dishes that probably almost everyone who had a grandma that cooked, made this. Super easy and really tasty. It happens to be our moms favorite dessert so we actually called 8 bakeries and grocery stores to see if we could buy one. Unfortunately not one of them made them anymore so we had to create our own. Borrowed from Betty Crocker, this cake will satisfy your sweet tooth and bring back those fantastic childhood memories. Enjoy this bastard!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In 13×9-inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar and butter.
- Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange the rest to make them look damn good. Get create with the cherries you bastards.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup and make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water.
- Pour batter over pineapple and cherries. Make sure to get the batter in all cracks and crevices.
- Bake 42 to 48 minutes.Make sure a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake.
- Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over.You might want to get a buddy to help. Make sure to flip with confidence and quickly.
- Leave pan over cake 5-15 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan.
- Cool 30 minutes and serve this badboy.
Like this simple Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe? Check out some more desserts recipes HERE.
Want Some Awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW MOOSE!