This Blood Orange Margarita Drink will bring some pep in your step and some intelligence into your conversation. It is not overly sweet so that is nice and this drink is something a little different that you are used to. Just like any booze filled cocktail, if you drink too many you will think you can dance and speak intelligently on politics and religion. But if you have just a few, you will be in that sweet spot of having a nice buzz and enjoying the party. Don’t drink and drive people, it is not worth it. However… do drink and text your ex. There is no bad that can come from that. Enjoy you bastards!
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed blood orange juice about 2-3 blood oranges
- 2 ounces Triple Sec
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 and 1/2 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
- kosher salt for rimming the glasses
- Pour salt onto a small plate. Wet the rim of the glasses with orange or lime juice and press the rims into the salt.
- Add the cocktail ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into 2 glasses with more ice.
- Garnish with a twist of blood orange peel or a thin slice of blood orange.
Note: Try tangerine juice if you can’t find blood oranges.
Like this Blood Orange Margarita recipe? Check out some more drink recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!