- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage
- Croutons and grated cheese (optional)
- In a dutch oven, heat oil on medium for 30 seconds. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, water, and carrots. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Add salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Puree soup in a food processor. Pour back into dutch oven.
- Stir in half-and-half and sage. Simmer until very hot.
- Ladle into bowls; top with croutons and cheese