Are oven friend green tomatoes good for you? Maybe. But don’t think they are not a very tasty bastard. Makes a great little side dish or even a full meal.
- 6 Green Tomatoes (Firm as a Yoga Instructors backside… AKA Not even starting to ripen)
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Old Bay
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- Cut each tomato into slices about 1/2 inch thick. You can discard the smaller end pieces or better yet, give them to your dog for a tasty treat.
- Mix almond flour with Old Bay
- Beat two eggs in one small bowl and in another bowl put half the almond flour mixture.
- Dip each tomato first into the egg (so both sides is coated) and then into the almond flour mixture. (Press down with your fork to make the almond flour stick if needed. When the first half of the almond flour mixture is getting clumpy, discard, wipe out the bowl, and switch to the second half.) Put the coated tomatoes on a baking sheet that you have sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake the tomatoes about 40 minutes at 350F/180C, turning them carefully halfway through.
- While they’re cooking mix Ranch Dressing with Sriracha Rooster Sauce to make the simple but Badass dipping sauce.