These delicious stuffed mushrooms taste just like you ordered them in a restaurant. If you are looking to impress someone without much work (you lazy bastard) these are the perfect appetizer. They take maybe 20 minutes to prepare and taste like you actually know what you are doing in the kitchen. If you really don’t like mushrooms, I suggest you grow up a little bit and try some things. You are not 8 years old anymore and your pallet has probably changed. Put down the McBag of fat and try something new. These are not really healthy for you, but they are something a bit different.
- 12 Mushrooms
- 1 Tbs Oil
- 1 Tbs Minced Garlic
- 1 8oz Package Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet.
- Roll stuffed mushrooms in bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
Like this Stuffed Mushrooms recipe? Check out some more appetizer recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!