Bierock Casserole is a staple in the Kansas/Nebraska landscape and are sometimes called Runzas. The normal bierock is a stand along sandwich wrapped in dough. But this is a little different take that is frankly less time consuming and still tastes pretty damn good. It has German-Russian roots that eventually made their way west to Nebraska and Kansas. You can find these sandwiches at county and state fairs, craft shows and just about any fund-raiser in Kansas most any time of the year. Just as good as Beirocks but without all the hassle and time extensive preparation.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or 6 slices)
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- Salt and pepper
- Brown beef in frying pan. We like to add a few spices including dried onions, garlic salt, and paprika to the beef but they aren’t necessary.
- Add cabbage to beef when it is almost finished and cook it into the mixture.
- Put beef and cabbage mixture into a baking pan.
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Unroll and layer crescent rolls on top of cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes.
- Shave your head and give the finger to the culinary world. Prepare to be called a very good chef and all sorts of other shit.
Like this Bierock Casserole recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!