Fire up that grill hungry people! It is time to take your burger accessories to another level. Yes I am talking about slaw burgers. Basically a delicious topping for your patty, it takes your taste buds up to another planet. Yes, we know you like mustard or (gross) ketchup, but try something a little different this time. Once you whip up a batch of this slaw and present it to your guests, they will think you a re a culinary visionary. “I didn’t know you could cook so well. Maybe we should make out in the backyard” is what they will probably say. Your crush will now crush you back and your significant other will have to defend their partner from the waves of other who want to grab your body and sculpt a statue of it… Ok maybe we went a little overboard. But seriously this is a good slaw. You can also try it on pulled pork to get the full Carolina BBQ vibe.
- Burger Patties (as many as you need plus 2)
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Cook burgers to your desire (we suggest medium rare on the grill)
- Make sure to melt the cheese on them
- Make sure to toast up the buns a little on the grill
Amish Slaw Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cabbage, onion, and 1 cup sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, salt, celery seed, 1 teaspoon white sugar, mustard and oil.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cool completely, then pour over cabbage mixture, and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
- Amish slaw goes great on sandwiches, burgers, and anything else your ass can think of.
Like this Slaw Burgers recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!