6 white or whole-wheat pitas (6 inch diameter)($1.79 for 6 pitas)
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts ($1.19/lb)
1 c. finely shredded mild cheddar cheese ($1.50/8 oz)
1 c. barbeque sauce (any flavor works)($0.99)
¼ c. sliced green onion ($0.79 for bunch)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Take a deep breath, these bitches are easy.
- Cut raw chicken breasts into three sections. Place the chicken into a pot of boiling water. Boil for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees. Place cooked chicken in the food processor and pulse until chicken is diced into small chunks.
- Spoon approximately 2-3 T. of barbeque sauce onto each pizza and spread around the pita, leaving a 1/4” space between barbeque sauce and edge of the pita bread.
- Top each pita equally with the diced chicken, cheddar cheese, and the green onion.
- Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable spray. Place the barbecue chicken pitas on the greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cut the barbeque chicken pita into four slices using a pizza cutter.
The Naked Gun is Hilarious