- 6 (1.5 pounds, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken breasts all around with garlic powder, dried basil, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add prepared chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Return skillet over medium-high heat and add the garlic. Cook for a minute.
- Add marsala wine; cook for 3-5 minutes, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a mug or a small mixing bowl and whisk until incorporated; then, whisk the slurry into the wine sauce.
- Add heavy cream to the wine sauce and whisk until combined.
- Return chicken to the skillet and cook until sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice or pasta
Like this Chicken Marsala recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose