Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese can be eaten as a vegetarian meal or you can add some chicken for a more hearty dish. Either way it is delicious. This dish combines one of the greatest appetizers, spinach and artichoke dip, with one of the most iconic of American dishes, macaroni and cheese. The signature creaminess of spinach and artichoke dip paired with the cheesy, saucy macaroni noodles is at once unexpected and utter destiny—the hallmarks of any great love story. Romeo and Juliette is all but forgotten after trying this dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 5 oz spinach
- 1 cup artichoke heart, drained
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken breast per serving (or leave off for vegetarian)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Cook pasta to al dente
- In a large pan, melt the butter. Add garlic, onions and spinach cooking until spinach is wilted. Add artichoke hearts.
- Slowly add the milk, salt, and pepper. Stir until milk is boiling.
- Add the cooked macaroni, cooking until the milk coats the macaroni like a glaze.
- Add the cheddar and 2 cups (200g) of mozzarella, stirring until the cheese is completely melted.
- Move to a baking pan and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 7 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Cook chicken by grilling or on a pan
- Serve with cooked chicken on top. You can leave that off if you want vegetarian style.
Like this Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese recipe? Check out some more sauce recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!