Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is pretty simple to put together. Yes, you could, if you really wanted to, make your own graham cracker pie crust. But why? This thing was like $2 and saved probably 30 minutes. I guess if you want to impress someone, feel free. But would they really know? Probably not. Besides that, strawberry and cheesecake like filling is always masterful together.
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups strawberries hulled
- Using mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar; continue mixing until smooth. In separate bowl whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and carefully spread in baked crust.You can always just mix it all in one bowl if you are damn lazy. Either way.
- Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Whisk together cornstarch, 1/4 cup sugar, strawberry gelatin, water and lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Add strawberries to the pan and stir to coat.
- Layer glazed strawberries over the pie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- You can always keep the strawberries on the side and as you serve slices of pic, people can put their own amount of toppings. That is a pie hack everyone.
Like this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie Dessert recipe? Check out some more dessert recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!