Homemade Twix Bars are one of the best treats on this planet. Gooey homemade caramel is perfectly sandwiched between the classic Twix ingredients of a shortbread cookie and milk chocolate. Some say this is better that adult activities. Some don’t agree but you get what we are saying. Given there are 3 layers to the bars, these are pretty simple tp put together. Just takes some time to let the layers cool off each time. From out pictures, you can see we were impatient and did not allow the chocolate layer to cool… we are idiots.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter , softened slightly
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Then cut the butter in with a fork, until it forms a crumb mixture.
- Press down into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Probably 30 minutes in the fridge.
- For the caramel layer, add the butter to a medium saucepan and melt over medium-heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir an additional 2 minutes, or until it starts to thicken.
- Pour over cooled shortbread bars. Allow to cool. Again, probably another 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Mix the chocolate and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 30 second intervals, until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour over the caramel layer and allow to set. Finally another 30 minutes in fridge.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, cut into squares with a warm knife. or just eat that bastard with a spoon right out of the pan.
Like this Twix Bars Dessert recipe? Check out some more dessert recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!