These Funeral Potatoes, or as some people call them Au Gratin potatoes, are super delicious, cheesy and make a great side dish for any meal…. yes any meal. It doesn’t matter and we are sticking to it but if you need a direction, look towards a meat main dish, burgers, steak, hot dogs, etc…. They are called funeral potatoes because frankly, they go really well at funerals because they are popular and make people less sad. They are easy to make, you really just put all the ingredients into a big ass bowl, mix and bake. But keep in mind they are not quick because they bake for an hour. So a little prep can go a long way and keep people from getting hangry (hungry + angry) while they wait. Finally this recipe was provided by Mr. Tasty Bastard’s Mother-in-law so you know these are delicious.
- 2 pounds of frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 2 cup sour cream
- 10 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredients into a big bowl and mix
- Transfer to large baking dish
- Bake for about 1 hour
- You can also give it a few minutes under broil to get a little crunch on top
Like this Funeral Potatoes recipe? Check out some more side dish recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!