Smoky Tomato Soup is super delicious and much better than that canned crap you buy when in a pinch. All you have to do is cut up a few ingredients, open a couple cans, add them to a pot and there you have it. The key to this meal is to make sure to serve it with a delicious sandwich. And that sandwich should be a grilled cheese 9 out of 10 times. Maybe add some bacon to it, maybe switch up the bread choice or even mix a few cheeses. But the main thing to take away is to make a grilled cheese with this soup. A cold or hot day, this soup will get you a standing ovation. Get your ego ready for the praise and don’t let it go to your head.
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram or oregano
- 1 (28oz) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Put oil in pot (medium to high heat) and add in garlic, onions, celery and carrots. Cook until tender, maybe 5-6 minutes
- Add in chicken stock (if you want a thicker soup, add a little less)
- Add in tomatoes, marjoram, tomatoes, sugar and paprika. Bring to a bubble.
- Puree everything in either a blender or with a immersion blender
- Stir in cream and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with grilled cheese
Like this Smoky Tomato Soup recipe? Check out some more soup recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!