Banana Bread Muffins are made very fast and eaten just as quickly by desperately hungry people looking for a delicious breakfast recipe. Have some overripe bananas that didn’t get eaten? No problem. What is nice about these muffins is that you can add in different oppings to fit your taste, maybe even make 4 different kinds per pan. Chocolate chips, blueberries, strawberries, walnuts or pecans… The options are limitless and are only held back by your imagination. No you can put beer in them. This recipe can also be used for your standard banana bread if you don’t want to mess with the whole muffin thing. You can
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Fruit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin or put in muffin wrappers.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a small bowl. Mix that stuff up.
- In another bowl, mash bananas in a large bowl. Mix in white sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour mixture into this banana mixture until just combined. Fold walnuts into the batter if you are using them. If you are using other ingredients, put them on top at this time. May we suggest blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Or if you are doing bread, add batter to the loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Like this Banana Bread Muffins recipe? Check out some more breakfast recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!