Mini Chicken Pot Pies are super simple. Cut a few veggies, buy some biscuits and you are on your way to a tasty meal on a cold evening. Sure, your significant other might be pissed at you for “forgetting” their birthday. These things happen. But make these for them and you will be back in good graces laughing about that time you were an idiot. Just don’t let it happen again. Remind them of your good qualities, like being able to prepare a meal.
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped Carrots
- 1 Cup Onion
- 1/2 Cup Celery
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Cups Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 TBSP dried parsley
- 4 Cups chicken stock
- 2 Cups cooked chicken (diced)
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- 1 Package of biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 (or whatever your biscuit roll says)
- Heat up a medium pan and add butter
- Add in carrots, onion and celery. Salt and pepper that badboy. Stir.
- Add in potatoes, thyme and parsley. Stir.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add in cooked chicken.
- Take the flour in a separate bowl and add some of your stock. Mix it into a creamy sauce. Add into the mixture to thicken it.
- Add in frozen peas.
- Get out a cupcake pan and take biscuits out of package.
You have 2 options to finish these. Option 1 is better if everything is going to be eaten at that sitting. Option 2 is better for leftovers because you can keep it from being too soggy.
- Place one half into a muffin tin. Top with 1/8 of the chicken mixture. Top with the other half, using your fingers to seal it together if you can, but don’t stress about it too much. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Poke a knife in the top to vent the pies.
- Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes (or according to package directions). You want the tops to be good and brown, so that you know the bottom is cooked.
- Brush with melted butter if you want. Serve and chow down.
- Cook biscuits according to package directions
- Take out of the oven and cut a hole in the top
- Pour the chicken mixture in the biscuit and put on top
Like this Mini Chicken Pot Pies recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!