Pizza Toast is perfect for when there is absolutely nothing in the fridge, no leftovers to take advantage of and you don’t feel like getting out and spending money. Most likely you have these ingredients already in the house and you can use what you have. Sure you can upgrade bread because who doesn’t love really crunchy French loaf? But regular bread will work fine. Same with cheeses and and other toppings. Maybe apples and Italian sausage? Maybe a meat lovers? You can create that supreme pizza by adding veggies. If you create a hawaiian one, we probably won’t take to you again… but to each his own I guess.
- 6 slices bread
- 1 c. pizza sauce
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. mini pepperonis
- 1 tbsp. basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Any other topping you like including peppers or sausage
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place bread on prepared baking sheet and spread with pizza sauce.
- Top with your choice of toppings like peppers, beef, pepperonis, mushrooms, etc…
- Top with mozzarella and more toppings
- Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and toppings are slightly crisped.
- Garnish with Parmesan, basil and oregano.
Like this Pizza Toast recipe? Check out some more sandwich recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!