Mediterranean Pasta with Artichokes, Olives, and Tomatoes is a great meatless meal and pretty simple to put together on a weeknight. You can add chicken if you want but it really doesn’t need it. There is enough flavor for the dish. Great tastes of the Mediterranean and is quick and tasty.
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced, lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more serving
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine until al dente according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, cook, stirring occasionally until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in artichokes and cook until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add olives and half of the tomatoes; cook until tomatoes start to break down, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet. Stir in remaining tomatoes, oil, cheese, and basil.
- Add cucumbers on top.
- Serve with additional cheese.
Like this Mediterranean Pasta with Artichokes, Olives, and Tomatoes recipe? Check out some more pasta recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!