This is a simple pasta sauce that uses fresh ingredients and is exceptionally delicious. You can definitely change it around a bit to fit your taste and add other ingredients as you see fit. Do you like spaghetti, penne or linguini? No problem, this tomato cream sauce pasta is perfect for what you have in the pantry. Super quick and super easy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2- 1 onion, diced (depends on how much you like those things)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained (you can also use fresh tomatoes and add in Italian seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and continue to boil 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and butter.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.
** If you prefer cream sauces, blend the sauce… this isn’t rocket science.
** You can also add some green peppers, jalapenos, wine, etc…
Like this tomato cream sauce pasta recipe? Check these out.