This Chimichurri Meatballs recipe is great for a special evening where you want to impress that special someone and not try very hard. You want to look good but not put a great effort forward. This is a perfect appetizer for that level of laziness. Really you just add a few ingredients to the meat, make the sauce and you are on your way to stardom. Hard to mess up, even for a super lazy bum like yourself. Now cook these up and go back to watching bad tv movies with your mostly unhappy significant other. Be better my friend.
For the Meatballs
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 green onions minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- OPTIONAL – 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
For The Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot®)
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, ground beef, breadcrumbs, green onions, garlic, salt, black pepper and egg.
- Form the meatballs into small 1 inch balls and place in pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes, rotate balls halfway through.
- For the sauce, blend together the parsley, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Let it sit out at room temperature until the meatballs are ready.
- To assemble, pour about half of the chimichurri sauce on the bottom of a platter, then transfer the meatballs to the platter. Top the meatballs with remaining chimichurri and garnish with the crumbled feta cheese (optional).
Like this Chimichurri Meatballs recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!