An Egg Roll Bowl is a perfect lunch for those looking for taste but don’t have a lot of time. Let’s be honest, homemade egg rolls can be a big production and a huge bitch. And if you’re trying to eat healthy, they’re definitely off limits because they are not good for you. Enter: these easy egg roll bowls. It’s basically like a ground pork and cabbage stir-fry. The crunch is amazing and the flavor is on point. You can whip them up very quickly and they make a nice leftover meal as well. You can also add other ingredients if you have them on hand like peppers or mushrooms. It is an open pallet that lends itself to a little creativity.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 c. shredded carrot
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced (or green if you like that better)
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha (optional if you like your farts to hurt)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add pork and cook until no pink remains.
- Push pork to the side and add sesame oil. You can also set the pork aside in another bowl if you are using a smaller pan. Add onion, carrot, and cabbage. Cook it up.
- Stir in the meat and add soy sauce and Sriracha.
- Cook until cabbage is tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer delicious mixture to a big ass bowl and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Like this Egg Roll Bowl recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!