If you don’t know about Cheryl, you are about to find out. Not only is she a dynamite grandma, mother-in-law and sports fan, she is a mega cook. She whipped this dessert together in no time and the family was incredible happy with the result. This apple crisp is one of those super simple recipes that can be made and tossed in the oven in just a few minutes time. The wonderful apple and cinnamon scent has the house smelling like fall in no time. The crunchy streusel makes for a perfect topping.
Overall, It is a great way to get rid of an apple surplus. There are a few things you can go differently if you want to change some things because for some reason you think you can do it better than Cheryl. 1) Use 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 white for the apple mixture. 2) Add fresh ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, and often raisins (raisins suck in everything). 3) Omit the h20 and 4) Add a heaping spoonful of gourmet butterscotch caramel ice cream topping to the apple mix (this is badass). In the beginning, you might have a hard time with the crumble mix being ‘crumbly’, well lightly press it down into the bowl, chill it for at least 30m and then break it up with a fork. Letting the butter in the mix re-harden really makes a BIG difference in the final crumble factor for this delicious apple crisp. Also, you must use real butter, margarine won’t have the same effect for this recipe. Cheryl suggests assembling this earlier in the day and leave it in the fridge, then just before dinner, break up the crumble, top and bake while you eat.
- 6 Apples
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter cold
- Optional: Vanilla Ice Cream For Topping
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Layer apples into baking dish (I used 10×7.5″).
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add in vanilla and cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork.
- Work until mixture forms large crumbs.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until topping is browned and apples are soft.
- Spoon out apple crisp and top with vanilla ice cream. That shit will start to melt so hustle up and eat.
Like this apple crisp recipe? Check out some more dessert recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!